HTML/JAVA

Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Some of my son's work

My son made this for my birthday.
He used a file and ground it all down and then we tempered it in the kitchen oven.
The antler was given to him by a friend from work and I think it came from northern Ontario.
The shape is so perfect for my hand and I love it.  It has not left my belt since he gave it to me.







 With some encouragement form my son I was able to get this one done up this afternoon.
Unlike my son who has the skill to take a piece of steel, grind and sharpen it into a knife I cheated and bought a blade blank to build this one.





The handle is diamond wood sealed with boiled linseed oil add then buffed with bees wax.

3 comments:

  1. Handmade from your son...how does it get any better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of them are pretty swanky. I need to put in a request for my bday! lol

    ReplyDelete