Bees are Dying


I had a fibre art friend send me an article from the Guelph University about bees dying. Check out the article. They apparently had 49 out of 50 hives die in the Guelph area & the investigation is still ongoing as to why this happened. I consider them experts as we've only been bee keeping for less than a year. Trying to muddle through an organic approach with the bees being in more control of the hive. We haven't used any treatments for the bees other than bee tea. No chemicals or pesticides to date.
I took this picture on Saturday prior to the Guelph incident & I knew this bumble was dying but there was nothing I could do. He was trying to fly at times but just couldn't & within hours of the pictures he's gone. 

It's a very interesting article.







Comments

Popular Posts